www.netspend.com – Hello guys, today I will be showing you how to activate your Netspend card. Netspend is a prepaid debit card that has been designed to help those with low credit scores or no credit score within the United States. The best part about Netspend cards is there is not any application fee and it also does not require a bank account. Other reasons why this might be the right card for you would be because of its easy activation process, which I will show you how to do at the end of this article.
If you have opened up a Netspend card before, then most likely they gave you a toll-free number to call in order to activate your card once received in the mail, but for those who have had that experience hopefully, or have never activated their card, I will show you how to do it online.
Netspend Card Activation Quick Tips
– [online] Go to the Netspend website and click activate a card in the top right corner.
– [phone] Call 1-(800)501-1384 and follow the steps that will be given to you by their customer service representative.
Availability: Netspend is only available for people living within the United States at this time. If you do not live within this country, but would like to know what other options may be available, I recommend reading our article on “Best Prepaid Debit Cards for International Use”.
Netspend Card Activation online
Step 1: Log on to the Netspend website by typing www.netspend.com into your internet browser of choice and hitting enter.
Step 2: Scroll down the page until you see “activate a card” in the top right corner of your screen. Once you have found it, click it and wait for another page to load below that one.
Step 3: Enter your first name, last name, address, city, state, zip code, and email into their corresponding boxes. After all of those fields are completed hit continue (2).
Step 4: You will now be brought to a new page with four options listed as numbers 1 through 4. All of these options are pretty self-explanatory except for number 4, which is where you will activate your card over the phone by calling the toll-free number that I previously stated in this article (800)501-1384.
Step 5: Once you choose to activate your card over the phone, Netspend customer service representative(s) will ask you to input your social security number. Make sure to double-check before telling them anything! If you already have a bank account and would like to skip this step, then go ahead and tell them so they can begin setting up direct deposits onto your new Netspend card.
I hope that this article helped somebody who was looking to activate their new Netspend prepaid debit card online.
Netspend Card Activation using the phone
Step 1: Call Netspend customer service at (800)501-1384 and tell them that you would like to activate your card.
Step 2: The representative should ask for your social security number, this is how they will be able to verify who you are before activating the card so do not give it away if it is not necessary.
Step 3: If you already have a bank account or would like them to set up direct deposit onto the card, then say so at this time. Otherwise, ask them to activate your new prepaid debit card over the phone and request that they send you a PIN via text message or email.
Netspend Card Activation Issues?
If any of these steps seem confusing just straight up do not work for you or if for some reason your card is not activated after calling in, then please do not hesitate to leave a comment below. I will try my best to get back to you and help fix the problem in a timely manner.
Netspend Card Activation using Mail
Step 1: Fill out the information on the activation card that came in the mail with your new Netspend prepaid debit card.
Step 2: Mail everything back to the address given to you by their customer service representative. Make sure to do it in a timely manner because they said it could take up to 15 days for your card to be activated after mailing it back until recently which was around two weeks. They have informed me that now all cards are being processed within 7 days so I would recommend just doing step 1 online instead of wasting your time and money on postage just to save some time.
If you have any more questions or need some help getting started, then please leave a comment below! Thanks for reading this article.
Netspend Card Activation Requirements
– Must be a US citizen
– Must have an SSN/EIN number (preferably)
– Must have some form of identification such as a driver’s license or state I.D.
Netspend Card Activation Additional Tips
– Netspend offers direct deposit meaning you can have your paycheck or government benefits deposited directly onto the card without having to wait until payday to get it.
– You can only open one Netspend account per SSN/EIN.
– The customer service representatives are pretty nice and easy to talk to, I recommend asking for them when you call in (if possible) because they will be able to help you much faster than someone who is not familiar with the product.
– Before choosing number 4 in Step 5 above please make sure that if you already have a bank account, then your wages should already be set up to automatically deposit into it. If this is not the case then choose option 1 so they can walk you through making sure everything is in place.
– You might not be able to activate your prepaid debit card immediately if you do not have a bank account set up yet. I know this from experience because I did not have a bank account before and it took me 10 days or so before they were able to successfully activate my Netspend card after calling in a couple of times.
– Only one person can sign up for each unique social security number/employer identification number (SSN/EIN). This is why if you want to get one for your spouse or friend, then make sure you use their information instead of yours when signing up online.
Related Tags: www.netspend.com